West Bromwich Albion have a good record against Liverpool in the last few games. But the Baggies should be wary on the specialization of the Reds in terms of long-range shots instead be their weakness.
WBA won the first meeting earlier this season when winning 3-0 at The Hawthorns. This time Liverpool‘s turn to entertain them at Anfield on Tuesday (12/02/2013) pm dawn.
In the last four meetings WBA care of Steve Clarke is dominant over Liverpool with three wins and one draw. Here is the data and the facts related to the game as abstracted Opta.
* Liverpool scored most goals from outside the box than the other teams in the top division (9 goals), while West Brom conceded most of the long-distance shots this season (9 goals with Norwich).
* Daniel Sturridge scored three goals in four games last league with Liverpool
* Steven Gerrard has now equaled assists in the Premier League that season nine.
* Liverpool have not beaten the teams in the Premier League top 10 this season. (13 times a game, 0 wins, 7 Series 6 Lost).
* After the defeat in the last nine meetings against Liverpool without scoring, WBA won three of the last four meetings with Liverpool (3 Won 1 Lost).
* Liverpool have won just one of their last 10 in the Premier League when the opponent scored a goal (1 win 5 series 4 lost).
* The Baggies have lost five times and never won from the last six in the Premier League.
* Luis Suarez make a shot every 21 minutes or so, much sharper than the other players in the top division competition.
* Children in foster Brendan Rodgers scored five times out of six clean sheets at Anfield, including the last game in the last three consecutive games.
* West Brom just one clean sheet of 29 away games in the Premier League at Anfield but that happens when they won 1-0, April 2012.